To our DCBX Community,
With everyone’s safety and well-being in mind in this COVID-19 era, DCBX is closely watching and preparing for the future ahead. As we all continue to monitor COVID-19 very closely, using guidance from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html, you might have questions regarding the status of the DCBX12 Conference August 27-31st, 2020 and other DCBX events.
The health, safety and well-being of our attendees, artists, DJs, performers and team members is foremost in our minds. Our thoughts are with all those presently impacted, worldwide and locally, by the coronavirus and the health professionals working to care for them.
DCBX March Events
As of the current date DCBX is canceling all events March 14-28th
DCBX April/May/June/July Events
As of the current date, DCBX has no plans in canceling any of these events.
DCBX12 August 27-31st Conference
As of the current date, DCBX has no plans in canceling the DCBX12 Conference at the end of August.
9th Annual DCBX Ultimate Tropical NYE Dec 31-Jan 3 Conference
As of the current date, DCBX has no plans in canceling DCBX Ultimate Tropical NYE.
What DCBX will do:
DCBX is prepared to navigate these challenging times and we recommend and offer the following:
- Weekly events with pre purchase can request a full refund or be used for a future events or rescheduled dates.
- DCBX 12 Change Fee & Ticketing: No change fees to July 27, 2020, for current pass holders to transfer your pass to another person of your choosing,
Or to transfer your pass to next year’s event DCBX13 in 2021, or to transfer your pass to the 2020 DCBX Ultimate Tropical New Year’s Eve event.
- Accommodations: Hotel Bookings within the DCBX12 conference or 2020 DCBX Ultimate Tropical New Year’s Eve room block have the right to exercise a 48-hour hotel room cancellation policy without recourse.
- Travel: Many airlines are offering risk-free travel booking, often with cancellation for a complete refund or travel voucher where applicable. Check with your travel agency or preferred airline.
- Domestic: If possible, purchase airfare on carriers such as Southwest Airlines which allows flight changes with no fees.
- International: For international travel, we recommend Avianca or similar carriers who have extended no-change fees until December 31, 2020.
In addition, here are the CDC’s recommendations to avoid the spread of COVID-19 (as well as any virus such as the flu):
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds (the equivalent of singing happy birthday twice)
- Use hand sanitizer when appropriate
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
When flying, use these simple guidelines to clean your airplane seat: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/sanitize-airplane-seat/
DCBX agrees with guidance from the CDC that regarding any coronavirus, the upcoming summer and increase in temperatures might slow and/or stop the spread of the virus. With that thought in mind, we currently expect the COVID-19 impact to be limited to March and April, and fully expect DCBX12 to continue as planned for the end of August 2020.
Marriott Bonvoy and Renaissance is committed to your Safety! COVID19 statement: https://news.marriott.com/news/2020/03/10/marriott-international-statement-on-cleaning-protocols
For support with ticketing and future DCBX Events please use our online chat feature here on the site.
Stay tuned, sanitize and stay safe!
Lee, Kat & Team DCBX