Health COVID-19 Updates
To our DCBX Community,
With everyone’s safety and well-being in mind in this COVID-19 era, DCBX is closely watching and preparing for the future ahead. As we all continue to monitor COVID-19 very closely, using guidance from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html, you might have questions regarding the status of the DCBX12 Conference August 27-31st, 2020 and other DCBX events.
The health, safety and well-being of our attendees, artists, DJs, performers and team members is foremost in our minds. Our thoughts are with all those presently impacted, worldwide and locally, by the coronavirus and the health professionals working to care for them.
DCBX SUMMER DATES
As of the current date, DCBX is canceling all Live in Person Events through AUGUST 31st!
DCBX12 August 27-31st Conference
As of the current date, DCBX 12 Conference at the end of August will be Virtual! DCBXVirtual.com
9th Annual DCBX Ultimate Tropical NYE Dec 31-Jan 3 Conference
As of the current date, DCBX has no plans in canceling DCBX Ultimate Tropical NYE.
What DCBX will do:
DCBX is prepared to navigate these challenging times and we recommend and offer the following:
- Weekly events with pre purchase can request a full refund or be used for a future events or rescheduled dates.
- DCBX 12 Change Fee & Ticketing: No change fees to July 27, 2020, for current pass holders to transfer your pass to another person of your choosing.
- For more info about DCBX 12 options Click Here for the form
Or to transfer your pass to next year’s event DCBX13 in 2021, or to transfer your pass to the 2020 DCBX Ultimate Tropical New Year’s Eve event.
- Accommodations: Hotel Bookings within the DCBX12 conference or 2020 DCBX Ultimate Tropical New Year’s Eve room block have the right to exercise a 48-hour hotel room cancellation policy without recourse.
- Travel: Many airlines are offering risk-free travel booking, often with cancellation for a complete refund or travel voucher where applicable. Check with your travel agency or preferred airline.
- Domestic: If possible, purchase airfare on carriers such as Southwest Airlines which allows flight changes with no fees.
- International: For international travel, we recommend Avianca or similar carriers who have extended no-change fees until December 31, 2020.
In addition, here are the CDC’s recommendations to avoid the spread of COVID-19 (as well as any virus such as the flu):
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds (the equivalent of singing happy birthday twice)
- Use hand sanitizer when appropriate
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
When flying, use these simple guidelines to clean your airplane seat: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/sanitize-airplane-seat/
DCBX agrees with guidance from the CDC that regarding any coronavirus, the upcoming summer and increase in temperatures might slow and/or stop the spread of the virus. With that thought in mind, we currently expect the COVID-19 impact to be limited to March and April, and fully expect DCBX12 to continue as planned for the end of August 2020.
Marriott Bonvoy and Renaissance is committed to your Safety! COVID19 statement: https://news.marriott.com/news/2020/03/10/marriott-international-statement-on-cleaning-protocols
For support with ticketing and future DCBX Events please use our online chat feature here on the site.
Stay tuned, sanitize and stay safe!
Lee, Kat & Team DCBX
DCBX 12 & Future Events. What is the Plan?
Letter to the DCBX Community:
Throughout the last 20 years, from its founders to its attendees, DCBX has experienced events that empower and change lives! In today’s climate, it may be hard to cope with a lack of live events which serve as a way to transform, stay healthy, keep active or be empowered through the vehicle or vessel such as that of being at a live event!
The mission of DCBX is and always shall be to empower lives through engaging inclusive events. For the past twelve years, the August DCBX event has been the premier Latin Dance and Diversity event as well as the current 5x Latin dance event of the year. This transformative event amongst many others, DCBX New Year’s Eve and local events have been the pride and joy of countless volunteers, coordinators, artists, speakers alike. Our goal is and will always be to produce quality events that redefine your experience and deliver year after year. This year will be no different.
We would like to announce a few happenings to keep you in the loop.
Our number one objective is the safety and well being of all from attendees, artists, DJs, families, and staff. Due to social distancing protocol set by DC government, DCBX 12 in August will be a hybrid event. However, we have some very encouraging news about our plan moving forward listed below.
- DCBX Plan and Steps Moving Forward
- This year, DCBX12 will happen not once, but twice!
- First, the virtual event, DCBX12 World Virtual Dance Event, will happen on July 31-August 2nd,
- and second, the live event (permitting it is safe and allowable) with additional virtual plans, DCBX12 Live will happen on December 31 2020-Jan 3, 2021 in Washington DC.
- DCBX12 Virtual in August will be going virtual with a full array of instructional content from the World’s Top-Notch Talent in Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Zouk and a diverse array of dances. The full details for this event will be coming out soon!
- DCBX 12 Live in Person December 2020 will ring in the New Year in Washington DC on December 31-Jan 3, 2021! Our goal is to produce an incredible experience to bring you into 2021.
- DCBX Online is a new exciting virtual experience with some of your favorite instructors, past DCBX shows & so much more! Launching August of 2020! This online on-demand portal will give you access 24/7 to incredible content.
- I Already Have a Pass. What are my options?
Option 1. DCBX aims to keep your DCBX summer experience alive! If you have already purchased your DCBX12 Pass, there is nothing you need to do! You will automatically be enrolled in these amazing events and offers with new tickets coming to you via email soon including a one-year subscription to DCBX Online.
Option 2. If for whatever reason you cannot accept Option 1, you can forward your pass to DCBX13 on August 26-30, 2021. Click Here for the form
Due to the serious nature of Covid-19, we realize some pass holders may have financial burdens or limitations in attending virtual or live events. In this case, please fill out this form Click Here for the form and we will contact you. You can also contact us at 844-838-3687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
We are in this together!
As we continue to sail into unchartered territory, we urge you to remember the DCBX spirit. Stay positive and we all will be dancing together soon.
Lee, Kat & Team DCBX